Sunday, June 22, 2008

FIRST NIGHT




Well it was pretty funny. We got mama and chicks into their new digs ( a separate cage within the coop). So it was time for the gang to go into the coop. They would look inside and it seems the peeping of the chicks scared them and they would not go into the coop. It was quite a circus here trying to catch 10 hens and Rocky and get them inside the coop and get the door shut. We could hear all sort of scrambling around and then all was quiet. We peeked inside and they were all up on the roosts but normally they face the back but not this time. They were all sitting there staring down at the new guys on the block.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, remember to name them after Group members, lol. Name the pretty one after me, of course. Don't worry, you won't eat them, lol
Peter

Tint~ said...

haha... That is too funny, Linda... fancy the chickens being scared of the chicks. Welcome to blog world ;)

Dewdropin said...

Well guess I won't eat them but I may sell them. I can't name them until I know if they are roosters or hens.

Dewdropin said...

Thanks Tint, I didn't really see the point so much in blogging but I realize why its fun. I see things though different eyes knowing that I am going to post about them.

Mind you mine are not going to be as exciting as yours considering I don't expect to be robbed in my back field. But then I doubt that you were thinking about blogging at that scary moment