Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MORNING COFFEE

So this is how our morning conversation went yesterday.

Me "Why is there a gun beside the broom?"

Marvin: "I killed a rat"

Me: "A rat, is that what got our chicklets?"

Marvin: "No Simba got them"

Me: "NOoo, he can't get into that field"

Marvin: "I let him in"

Me: "WHAT"

Marvin: " I couldn't sleep so I got up and went back out to the coop, I shone a flashlight under the coop and saw beady eyes staring back at me. I got the gun and shot one the other two got away. There were no signs of a struggle so since all the others were locked up I let Simba into the field and told him to find the chickens. Eventually he stopped at a tree and kept starring at it. I couldn't see a chicklet in the tree but I climbed the tree and found it. Simba still would not leave the tree so I climbed back up higher and found it."
So all is well that ends well.
Simba was very tired all day after all that excitement. It is quite amazing he knew what he was looking for and that he could smell them since they are in that area all the time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least the mystery is now solved, huh, Linda?
Peter

Dewdropin said...

Yes and a lesson learned, lock them up before they start to roost

Tint said...

Omg Linda... When 'he' said "Simba got them", I seriously thought Simba had eaten them. I should have known better. Isn't that dog a treasure :)

Dewdropin said...

You and me both, I was getting so pissed off, Marvin was messing with me. lol Simba was very proud of himself. He has a love/hate relationship with the chickens. He guards them worries went there is danger around like chicken hawk but is so jeolous when people look at the chickens instead of patting him lol

Anonymous said...

lots of excitment for sure lol

shawna

Dewdropin said...

Yea and I slept right through it all

Anonymous said...

kind of funny for sure, and not a good night
Karen

Anonymous said...

That's quite amazing! Good for Simba and Marvin. How did you not wake up at the sound of a gunshot. lol

Dewdropin said...

It was only pellet gun

Anonymous said...

Since we have so many federal, municipal, American, etc, elections coming up, after Marv’s fancy detective work in the coop the other night, I think we ought to vote him in as sheriff. I like his idea of shooting the criminals. If he’d taken the rats before a Canadian judge, the judge probably would have given them a stay of execution for the rats the way the judge did the other day for the three guilty pit bulls, that in the judge’s words, “They may be able to be rehabilitated.”

Kudos for Simba for finding the chicks. Simba can be Marv’s deputy.